December 30, 2016
While Christmas in Barbados is spent with family indulging in traditions, Old Years is a night to get dolled up and ring in the morning to great music and even better drinks. With Christmas being the peak season for the island, Barbados welcomes its guests and invites them to take part in the number of events being hosted.
Enjoy a night of culinary magic at some of the finest restaurants in the Caribbean or party in the New Year at one of the island’s clubs or privately hosted parties.
Here is a list of restaurants and events still selling tickets and taking reservations for the 31st December!
NISHI: A beloved restaurant boasting a blend of Asian and Caribbean influences. Fabulously plated concoctions are a delight to all. This year guests can be truly immersed into the restaurant’s eclectic style by indulging in their 5 course dinner especially put on to welcome in the New Year. Come ready to enjoy the night as hats, noisemakers and party favors will be provided not to mention guests will receive a discount admission to the Second Street, Street Party.
- Location: 2nd Street, Holetown, St. James
- To Reserve Call – Telephone:(246) 432-8287
- Event Details: Welcome glass of bubbly, followed by a 5 course meal and live music in the courtyard
- Price: BDS $560 / US $280 per person, inclusive of tax and service charge
THE MEWS: This wonderful restaurant is a true treasure, embodying architectural elements of an old Barbadian town-house. Guests are certainly made to feel at home here while enjoying tantalizing dishes under a Euro-Caribbean heading. Each dish seeks to defy the rules set by the classics and instead creates a bold and somewhat trendy outlook.
This New Year enjoy all the the Mew has to offer. Dinner guests to the Mews will also have access to the Second Street, Street Party.
- Location: 2nd Street, Holetown, St. James
- To Reserve Call – Telephone: (246) 432 1122
- Event Details: A 5 course dinner special
- Price: BDS$400 /US$200 per person, inclusive of VAT, plus 15% service charge
Note: only early dinner reservations are still open!
THE CLIFF BEACH CLUB: The Beach Club introduces all guests to a elegant yet relaxed atmosphere with an outstanding view. Its tiered layout gives remnants to that of an amp theater, leaving the space perfect for events and live music. The restaurant’s chef adds to its appeal with his french influence creating a truly artistic approach in regards to the menu.
This New Year’s spend the night enjoying music with a front seat view to a fantastic view of the ocean and the fireworks.
- Location: Derricks, St. James
- Telephone: (246) 432-0797
- Tickets Available: http://bit.ly/2hAGckT
- Event Details: Party into the night; starting at 9pm and running until 3am. Price includes canapes, full open bar, wine & champagne, fireworks, party favours and music by DJ Chilly.
- Price: BBS$750 /US$375 per person
TIDES RESTAURANT: Beautifully re-designed the restaurant still gives representation to its heritage. Remaining housed in a post world war seaside home now however boasting modern, elegant accents to create a truly one of a kind atmosphere. Run by the Beasley family, the restaurant boasts an eclectic fusion of flavors.
Spend the night enjoying the unique atmosphere of this truly enthralling restaurant.
- Location: Holetown, St. James
- To Reserve Call – Telephone: (246) 432 8356
- Event Details: Indulge in a set 7 course meal. Guests to the restaurant will received party favours and have the pleasure of watching a balloon drop at midnight and a 4 minute firework display with DJ entertainment until 2am.
- Price: BDS$950 /US$475 per person, inclusive of VAT and 10% service charge.
HILTON HOTEL: This premium hotel is wonderfully located and boasts and incredible ocean view, perfect for watching a firework display. This year the hotel is hosting an event that includes dinner, drinks and entertainment from the fantastic Frank Mosbaugh of the original Ivory band, Biggie Irie, Dale and the Strategy band
- Location: Bridgetown, Barbados
- Telephone: (246) 426-0200
- Tickets Available: http://bit.ly/2ixfydc
- Event Details: “Light it Up” with dinner, drinks and party from 7pm to 3am.
- Price: BDS$325
NARU RESTAURANT & LOUNGE – Spend your night enjoying this restaurants’ fabulous Pan-Asian dishes. Located on the South Coast of the island just in front the delightful boardwalk, Naru offer a perfect view of the coast. Guests can sit back and enjoy 3 course dinner and live music.
- Location: The Shak Shak Complex, Bridgetown
- To Reserve Call – Telephone: (246) 228-6278
- Event Details: Indulge in a 3 course meal and live music
- Price: BDS$200 BDS subject to a 12% Service Charge
Note: only early dinner reservations are open or after 9:30pm!
LOBSTER ALIVE – Drift off to the sounds of smooth Jazz music this New Years Eve. Lobster Alive is a beloved little bar located on the beach and known for its selection of fabulously concocted seafood dishes.
- Location: Bay Street, Bridgetown
- To Reserve Call – Telephone: (246) 435-0305
- Event Details: Lobster Alive’s wonderful a la carte menu is paired with a live Jazz performance. Firework show at mid-night.
- Cover Charge: $100 BDS
(Tickets must be purchased to attend)
HARBOUR LIGHTS – The most popular on island nightclub is hosting its annual New Years event.This year the Harbour Lights New Years party is being held at Indian Pond in St Joseph. The event is sure to impress all the while providing its guests with free drinks all night, however if interested patrons can purchase Champagne and Shots at the respective bars. Guests can find a atmosphere to suit their musical needs also with the choice of two dance floors playing different genres all night.
- Office Location: Bay Street, Bridgetown
- Telephone: (246) 436-7225
- Tickets – can be collected from the office upstairs of the nightclub
- Event Details: Private drinks inclusive event, live band and DJ music all night in addition to a firework show.
- Price: BDS$295 per person (Strict age limit, ages 16 and over)
ELEVATE Suit and Tie – This year celebrate with a luxury premium inclusive experience. Elevate, Suit & Tie presents “Via Monte Napoleone” hosted at the Rare Maison. The party starts a 10 pm, guests of the event can indulge in premium drinks all night and at mid-night watch the fantastic firework show.
- Tickets Available – http://bit.ly/2hTAs5v
- Event Details: Private premium drinks inclusive event, DJ music all night in addition to a firework show.
- Price: BDS$200 Ladies & $220 Gents
If you wish to celebrate the night at one of the lovely restaurants above you will need to make a reservation soon. Walk ins are not accepted!
If the above events are not what you imagined your New Years to be do not get discouraged, a quiet night can also be enjoyed. Wine World is the perfect place gather ingredients for your drink of the night and supermarkets will be open till 6 for you exploration. Pack some towels and a create a fine picnic. Head down to the beach on the south or west coast and watch the firework display. Adventurists might want to travel to the east coast, though no fireworks will be seen, the sunrise makes up for it. You would not want to miss it!!